Monday, October 26, 2009

Crock Pot Scalloped Horseradish Potatos

This recipe comes from Stephanie @ crockpot365.com. Oh so yummy and delicious! We'll be having this as a side dish to some grilled steaks this evening. I also made this to go w/ our Easter dinner earlier this year.


3 pound red potatoes, washed and sliced (no need to peel)
2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish (not the cream kind, the regular; I went with extra hot)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional

The Directions.

I used a 4 quart crock pot. Scrub your potatoes well and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Layer into a crock pot you've sprayed with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, horseradish, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour over the top of the potatoes. Stir.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender. I cooked ours on high for 2 hours, then low for another 4. Garnish with shredded Parmesan.

0 comments:

My Family

This is me!
JamiSeattle23Jan08
My Soldier
JDFIraq
My kids
be783c9e-ee2a-11dc-b30c-0015170f982cw

Blogs I Read

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.